The points of this look is the use of the color burgandy in the bold and smokey eye as well as the burgundy lips.
Qri Number Nine Makeup Tutorial Video
Please see the text step by step instruction below
Step 1: Flawless FoundationPoint: Your foundation should not be too thick, allowing your skin to break and your glow to show through
- I’m buffing my bb cream in with a synthetic buffing brush. This provides a more dewy and even coverage.
- Now to cover the problem areas using concealor, this is much better then putting on a thick layer of foundation all over your face. I’m using a synthetic brush for more precision
- Set your foundation with a light application of face powder. I tend to get a bit shiny when I use dewy type foundation or moisturising bb creams so I always make sure I apply face powder afterwards. Press it lightly into your skin instead of rubbing.
- Now finally you can let it all sink in well by pressing your face gently with warm hands.
Step 2: Smokey Bold EyesPoint: Lipsticks and lip liners can also be used if you don’t have this eyeshadow color, however some people get irritated by applying lip products to their eyes so you might want to test this first on a small area.
- Apply an eyeshadow base to make your eyeshadows last longer
- Now use a burgandy tone eyeshadow, or eyeliner or eye safe lip product. I’ve used an eyeliner which I’ve applied onto the back of my hand and then used a sponge to apply it just along and above the crease of my eyes. Keep blending around your eye crease and blend it up so a small section of the color shows above your crease when you open your eyes.
- Now use a dark grey or black smokey shadow and apply it along your lashline blending it up towards the outer corners of your eyes. You should just be able to see a hint of grey under the burgandy color on the outer corners of your eyes.
- Now use a gold muted shadow colour and apply it along your lower lash line extending out
- The eyeliner is winged out in a straight manner so first draw the shape of the line from the corner of your eyes. Now there is also a thin line that extend from the middle of your lower lash line so draw a straight line out and end it just past the corner of your eyes. Fill this out slightly, but let it remain quite thin. Now finish your bold eyeliner look by lining across the top of your line and joining your winged shape. It’s ok to make this quite thick as this eye look is quite bold
- At any point remember you can go back and apply a bolder eyeshadow color if you feel like the liner has become too strong in comparison. You want that burgandy smokey look to stand out a bit.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara focussing more on the top lashes. Now find a pair of dense false lashes and apply it along your lash line. I use tweezers to apply the inner corners because I find this easier.
Step 3: Straight EyebrowsPoint: These eyebrows are very straight
- I’ve applied eyebrow mascara to lighten the color of my eyebrows and keep them in place.
- Also Qri’s eyebrows are quite straight, so I’ve used an eyebrow pencil to create a straight eyebrow with a slightly droopy end. Find out more: how to create a straight eyebrow.
Step 4: Blushing Cheeks
Point: This look needs a stronger cheek look so apply the blush and blend it up towards your temples.
- I’ve applied it from just around the apples of the cheeks and concentrated more on more the sides of my face then the middle as I blended it up. This should give you a more mature look with your blush.
Step 5: Burgundy Ombre Lips
Point: For the lips, first of all apply a moisturiser if you need it like me, and a little bit of concealor if your lips are pigmented.
- I used a burgundy lip tint to apply in the middle and then blend out.
- To then create a stronger ombre effect, I used a burgundy lipline and applied it right in the center blending out a tiny bit. This will create a strong looking ombre burgundy lip.
Step 6: Fiery Red Hair
Point: Qri’s hair is a beautiful burgandy red and also has a middle part.
- Although My hair tone isn’t exactly the same I can definitely start with the middle part.
- You can also use a hair straighter to control the curve of your fringe so it frames your face and also apply slight waves on the ends if you want.
And now we’re done!
Don’t forget to wear this look with a smile.
I hope you enjoyed this Qri inspired makeup look from the T-ara’s Number Nine MV.
Tell me, have you tried a burgundy makeup look yet? What do you think of them.
P.S. Don't forget to follow me on instagram for more updates @misswen